We wish to encourage excellent standards of behaviour across the federation at all times. We expect all of our children to be young ambassadors for both schools, at school and in the community. In order to do this there will be a consistent focus on praise and rewards for the children in order that they learn to value good behaviour.
* Fantastic Friday was introduced in September 2015
* Staff use a Traffic Light display to promote good behaviour. All children will start the day on Green.
* There is a positive indicator light in silver/ gold which is used to highlight children who have demonstrated exceptionally good behaviour.
* Green, amber and red are recorded onto their chart.
* 85% or more Green ‘Great to be Green’ stickers Gold Activities (all afternoon)
* 80% - 84.9% Green Great to be Green’ stickers Silver Activities (half an afternoon)
* 75% - 79.9% Green ‘Great to be Green’ stickers Bronze Activities (15 minutes)
Other strategies to promote positive behaviour.
* Brill-Boards (F2 – Y6) Activities and events that inspire the children will be detailed on the phase ‘brill-board’. This will be updated regularly to inform the children of up-coming events, plus details of all celebrations e.g. birthdays, pupil of the week, winning house, etc.
* Restorative Practice (F1 – Y6) To be ‘restorative’ means to believe that decisions are best made and conflicts are best resolved by those directly involved in them. Restorative practice is used by all adults to support children.
* Housepoints (F2 – Y6) Children may be awarded house points for good behaviour, effort or attainment. Pupils record their housepoints on a chart in their classroom. At the end of each week, housepoints are collated across the school and a trophy is awarded to the House who has collected the most housepoints in the week.
* Top table (F2-Y6) Good behaviour at lunch time should be recognised and celebrated. One child per year group who has displayed good behaviour during lunch time will be identified at the end of each week by a mid-day supervisor.
* Wow Moments (F1 – Y6) Whenever a child has produced exceptional work, or achieved a personal target or goal, a wow moment is written and sent to the Executive Headteacher. This is rewarded through a Headteacher’s certificate, which is presented by the Headteacher to the child in class during the week, or during assembly.
* Stickers (F1 – Y6) Staff may award pupils with stickers of their choice to acknowledge and celebrate, amongst other things, good behaviour. Staff are advised not to place a sticker directly onto a child’s uniform. Pupils are encouraged to place their own sticker onto their uniform. This is in line with our Child Protection Policy.
* Verbal Praise (F1-Y6) Verbally praising children should never be underestimated as strategy for developing excellent behaviour. All staff are encouraged to offer positive verbal praise when appropriate.