Welcome to Y1EJ
Welcome back! I hope that you enjoyed your week off and made some fantastic memories!
This half we will be continuing our topic Enchanted Woodland; We will be taking a walk around the school’s grounds to explore the wildlife and well as visiting Bunting’s Wood and inviting parents along too!
In Geography and Science we will be:
- Identifying different woodland animals, birds, insects, trees and flowers
- Investigating plant growth
- Investigating changes that occur throughout the seasons
Wherever possible, we will link Maths to our topic.
We will be learning to:
- Count forwards and backwards using numbers to 100
- Position, direction and rotation
- Count in multiples of 2s, 5s and 10s.
- Addition and subtraction number sentences using counting on and counting back
- Measuring length and height
- Solving missing number sentences
- Telling the time
This half term we will be looking at the following books:
Superworm – Julia Donaldson
Traction Man – Mini Grey
Whilst exploring these texts we will be:
- Writing instructions
- Sequencing events
- Looking at characters’ thoughts and feelings
- Writing letters
- Retelling stories
Week 1 – World at Work Week. Trip to the Ice Cream Parlour.
Week 2 – Phonics Screening Check.
Week 7 – Transition Week – Go Global.
Picnic at Buntings Wood TBC.
Things to remember!
Our PE day is on a Tuesday and a Friday - please bring your child’s PE kit every Monday.
Please support your child with their homework which will be given every Thursday and return it by Tuesday. House points will be awarded for homework that is handed in on time.
The Phonics Screening Check is due to take place in June.
Please encourage your child to use the pre cursive handwriting at home as well as practising the various phonics sounds.
Miss Jones, Mrs Chapman & Mrs Pattrick